If you are like most people when it comes to making that final choice you often have some last-minute doubts. It’s natural to be a little concerned when buying a leather lounge in Sydney that you are buying the right lounge for your needs. If you have never purchased a leather lounge before, it can be hard to know what to buy that’s right for you. There are many myths out here when it comes to buying leather lounges – it’s important to know the facts.
- Leather furniture just doesn’t last – Leather furniture is something you buy for a LIFETIME, it’s a natural product with ageing bringing out its natural patina. This means your leather lounge actually looks better as it gets older. A leather lounge is a sound investment and is something you can enjoy for years to come. The Zen lounge is a perfect summery lounge; its open base with wide legs makes it look like it is floating and is teamed with an adjustable backrest and deep relaxing seats.
- Leather lounges are just for the wealthy – You don’t have to be rich to enjoy leather lounges! Fabric wears out, while leather wears, it lasts longer than fabric and is better value. The Renata is a fine example – available as an armchair, 2 or 2.5 seater and modular this gorgeous red leather lounge makes an impact with its timber legs, high backrest and comfortable seats.
- Leather lounges are too hard to care for – Leather is easy to care for, wipe up any spills and use a conditioner every 6 to 12 months. Avoid using normal cleaning supplies like detergents, soaps, solvents etc.
- Leather lounges are easily destroyed by pets and kids – Unless your cat thinks your lounge is a scratching post, or your dog thinks it’s a giant chew toy. Your furniture is safe. Even the Osaka lounge which comes in fine Sardone leather will be safe.
- Leather lounges are too hot in summer and too cold in winter – In the car, yes, leather seats do get hot in summer and cold in winter, but a leather lounge inside warms to your body heat in winter. In the summer, as leather can breathe it stays cool. Just keep your lounge out of the sun – it can be harsh on the colour of your lounge too. The Donatella sofa is bright and bold, available as an armchair, 2, 2.5 or 3 seaters, with electric recliner options in different configurations. This is an open base lounge with a simple and appealing look.
Keeping your leather lounge beautiful for years to come is simple –
- Use a good leather conditioner every 6 – 12 months
- Protect your furniture from the sun and direct sunlight, like any upholstery, leather can fade to some degree if exposed to the sun