When you buy furniture especially a leather lounges for your home, it’s an investment, both in the time it spends as the centerpiece of your living room, and, how much it costs.
How to Choose the Right Leather Lounge For Your Space.
- How are you going to use it? The average lounge spends more than seven years in your lounge room, so you want a piece that is not only long lasting, it also has to look good and perform a set function. Ask yourself – who is going to use the lounge? Does it need to match in with existing chairs and decor? Will kids be on it? How many people need to sit on it? Is it going to be used every day, or, just occasionally? Do you need guests to sleep on it? Do you like to lay down or sit up? Is it comfortable? The type of comfort you want will help determine the type of leather lounge you are looking for. One with a fixed back will give a sleeker look, which is perfect for small spaces, while a generous loose style lounge with overstuffed cushions will provide comfort.
- Does it fit through the door? You need to work out if the sofa will fit your room, but, before that, is it even going to fit through the door? Upstairs? Or through a narrow hallway? If you are renting your lounge may have to move, so don’t buy anything that is specific to where you are living now.
- Where is the lounge going to go? Will it be placed against a wall or under a window? If you want to use it as a room divider, make sure you check the back of it. How much room do you want it to take up? Will you have a coffee table or side tables?
- Size does matter. You need to make sure the lounge is the right size for the room, you don’t want it to overpower the room, or, stop the flow of traffic. Scale and proportion are very important.
- If you have a small space consider a sofa that has small arms, a smaller sofa can always be made to look larger and sleeker by using a few throw pillows.
- If you have a larger space, don’t jump into ordering 2 sofas, consider a modular and combine it with a feature armchair or ottoman. Two different sofas can work well, such as a deep one and a slimmer one.
- Does the style of the sofa match the room, and your house? Bold prints might be popular now, but will it still look good in a few years’ time. If you are in doubt choose a plain lounge and use throw rugs and pillows for a bold splash of colour – they are also a lot cheaper to change.